Consumer Action currently has an opportunity for a Financial Counsellor to join our friendly and professional MoneyHelp team.
Consumer Action Law Centre (Consumer Action) is a not-for-profit community legal centre providing legal advice and representation to consumers. Located in the Melbourne CBD, Consumer Action is the largest specialist community legal centre in Australia. We provide telephone Financial Counselling through the MoneyHelp service, as well as undertaking policy and campaign work.
You have completed the Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling);
You are a member of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council;
You have experience working as a financial counsellor;
You’re great at multi-tasking, comfortable with computers and familiar with file management software;
You’re keen to be part of a team working in an environment that embraces and promotes social change through policy and legal work.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing financial counselling sessions of up to 30 minutes each by telephone and email (can be more than one session for a client)
- Undertaking short intake assessments of up to 10 minutes for referral within Consumer Action or for referral for longer sessions
- Working within the financial counselling team to deliver high quality services
- Identifying and highlighting policy & legal issues in casework for follow up by policy and legal workers at Consumer Action
- Supporting more junior members of the team as they learn.
The salary range offered for this position is based on a full-time gross salary of between $61,500 and $66,500 pro rata (plus superannuation) commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience. Consumer Action utilises fringe benefit packaging so depending on individual circumstances the value of the full time salary could be equivalent to receiving a gross salary of approximately $69,000 to $75,000.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th April 2015. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications (see also position description) can be forwarded to Ali Creighton, MoneyHelp Administrator, via email to email@example.com