Submission: Law Council of Australia’s consultation on Uniform Rules
Consumer Action and Financial Rights Legal Centre have made a joint submission to the Law Council of Australia’s current consultation on the proposed Legal Practice Rules (Solicitors) and Legal Profession Conduct Rules (Solicitors) under the Legal Profession Uniform Law.
Our submission addresses a number of areas of concern with the proposed Practice Rules and Conduct Rules including:
- the relationship between lawyers and debt collectors
- claims for costs
- misleading conduct in communications with third parties
- communication with another solicitor’s client
- lawyers acting for insurers
- conflicts of interest
- public comment during current proceedings
- disclosure of referral fees
A full copy of our submission is available by clicking: Law Council of Australia’s consultation on Uniform Rules.