Employer: Consumer Action Law Centre
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Finance & Accounting, Legal & Human Rights, Mental Health & Counselling
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 23 September, 2014.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Full-time, 5 days per week
- Ongoing position, subject to funding
- Central CBD location
- Great work culture
Consumer Action Law Centre (Consumer Action) is a not-for-profit community legal centre providing legal advice and representation to consumers, financial counselling through the MoneyHelp service, as well as undertaking policy and campaign work. Located in the CBD, Consumer Action is the largest specialist community legal centre in Australia.
Consumer Action currently has an opportunity for a financial counsellor to join our friendly and professional MoneyHelp team. The successful applicant must be an experienced financial counsellor who has completed the Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling) and is a member of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing financial counselling sessions of up to 30 minutes each by telephone and email
- Undertaking short intake assessments of up to 10 minutes for referral within Consumer Action or for referral for longer sessions
- Working within the MoneyHelp team to maintain high quality services
- Identifying and highlighting policy & legal issues in casework for follow up by policy and legal workers at Consumer Action
- Where appropriate, supporting more junior members of the team as they learn.
We are looking for financial counsellors who can provide quality service and are keen to work within a team and in an environment that embraces change through policy and legal work.
The salary range offered for this position is based on a full-time gross salary of between $60,060 and $62,868 pro rata (plus superannuation) commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience. Consumer Action utilises fringe benefit packaging so depending on individual circumstances the value of the full time salary could be equivalent to receiving a gross salary of approximately $68,000 to $72,000.
Previous applicants need not apply.